Tuesday, May 11, 2010

D-day #3

So I have been fine all day. Yes 3 years ago today you passed away. Today should be really hard. So, I focused on family history work and actually found a lot of work to do. I am fired up and feeling great today. Then I went to Costco and at the register the man asked me if I wanted to donate to Primary Children's Hospital. (I thought... HAHA... if you only knew how much money I have already given them!) The real reason I have been fine is because I haven't let myself GO THERE! When my mind started to think of that time it tortures my soul with pain, so I shut it out. Well, Being the idiot that I am, I decided to watch the tape from 3 years ago today. It was of me dressing you and us taking you off the ventilator. It was torture to sit and watch you dying, but it also was something I couldn't turn off. I hadn't seen that footage in years and I found myself staring at you realizing how much I have forgotten or pushed out. It was also hard because my dad was in that video. Yes, I cried my eyes out but I feel so much better knowing that THIS TIME OF YEAR is over! It is so hard. The thing that hit me while I watched that is... that is the only kind of video I have of you. From the moment you were born to the second you died, is all on tape, but I don't have any happy memories to look back on. It was all so hard and painful. The pain is all I have to remember. Except the sweet miracles that happened. Those were beautiful moments for me. So my sweet 3 year old. I miss you and cannot wait for our blissful reunion, and the chance to create happy memories together!

1 comment:

Adam B said...

I'm not sure if there's anything I can say other than to let you know (in case you don't) that someone is reading this, and I'm thinking about you and your family. May God bless you. Miss you Paige.