Monday, May 12, 2008

Am I broken?

May 1, 2008
“Get over it.” “Move on.” “Let it go.” “You dwell on things too much.”
These are my dreaded words that a lot of people tend to say to me. It’s been a year now and I am still not “over it.” How do you ever get over it? I know the pain with lighten and it won’t hurt so much with time…. But how much time? I see what everyone means and the frustrating part is I want to but don’t know how. For me when I hear those sayings it is like saying to someone with a broken leg… “Get up and walk you are fine. Heal. Hurry up and heal. You can do it. You just have to choose to do it.” Then the person stands up on the broken leg and falls. A broken leg can’t just heal because you decide it is time. Well guess what… a broken heart can’t either. It needs time. It needs to heal too. The problem is there is no cast to put on a broken heart. Time and the atonement is what it needs. I know a year is a long time…. But maybe my break is much deeper than it appears. Please everyone, let me have more time. 

1 comment:

Sara said...

Paige, I came over to you via Glow in the Woods. I am so sorry about London. A year is not a long time, and certainly not "too" long. London was a beautiful girl, and even though you believe she is now in a heaven, it is only human to want her here with you. Given your words here, I think Lori's blog, lossesandgains.blogspot.com, would be a wonderful one for you to visit - if it won't hurt to much to read of her three living children. She is a beautiful writer, full of faith and peace.