Monday, May 12, 2008

Distraction

One of the main problem I am having right now is that nobody will let me talk about you. The second they see I am starting to get emotional or if something reminds me of you they immediately try to distract me. I don't want to make THEM feel uncomfortable but it just forces me to suppress my feelings. Here I am a year later and everyone wonders why I still not doing well. Everyone always asks, "How are you?" Of course I reply, "fine." Nobody wants to hear me say, "I am hurting and I need someone to care. I am not coping well." Everyone always says how much they admire those who are strong. My dad used to always say he was "TERRIFIC", even when he wasn't and everyone loved that about my dad. He was so cheerful. So how do I stay strong and get the help that I need at the same time? I just need to talk about this. I need to get it out. Will anyone listen?

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Paige, I will listen. I have great ears for that. I may not know what you are going through. but I have a great shoulder for crying on. . .