Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Birthday London

May 3, 2008
I think the anticipation for this day was far worse than the actual day. I think the hardest part was feeling the loss inside of me and watching the world go on as if nothing had even happened. It was difficult going to your grave and putting flowers there for you rather than buying presents and baking a cake. I should have been watching my cute little one year old blow out your first candle and make a mess of your first cake. I should have had my family over for a party and celebrated my daughters first birthday. It was what I was missing that made the day so hard. We had a wedding to go to that day and it was a good distraction, but by the end of the day I felt sad that I hadn't taken more time think of you. I felt like the day just passed me by. Thank you to those who remembered. It meant a lot to me. So, dear baby girl, Happy Birthday! I miss you! Please know that I didn't forget. I know through the years others will forget, but I won't. I will never forget.
I love you angel.
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday London! We wish you and us could have been together to celebrate!