Monday, May 5, 2008

Hold each other up

July 7, 2007

A woman in my neighborhood lost her son 2 years ago today. She brought me flowers one month after you died and it meant the world to me that she remembered and was thinking of you. So I visited her today and it was interesting to hear what she had to say. She said that last year was the 1st year and everyone was so wonderful. This yeat was like any other day. Most forgot what day it was. But not her. The world around her was zooming by and she was in her own little world of hurt and pain. She said, "It just makes it so much better to know that others still think of him. To know they haven't forgotten. To know that he is still impacting their lives. It makes his memory seem alive when others remember." I will never forget that. I pray that others will remember London too. I want them to remember how her short life touched them. If they remember that, then she can live on forever in them.

No comments: