Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mom

My mom is the most amazing woman in the world. She is my best friend. She has helped me so much through all of this for she, too, is going through it herself. I have struggled watching her at times seeing how strong she is. I wish I could be like that. I wish I had her faith and her strength. She said something to me tonight that meant the world to me. It helped me see that I am doing okay. I am strong and I will get through this. She said, “Paige, there is one thing you need to remember. We have each other to help each other through these hard times, but I have 7 children who call me everyday to check on me, and who are taking care of me. Plus, all of you are going through this too.” It made me see that I am strong. I have been doing this alone. I have Stenson and he has been my rock. He is doing much better than I am though. Plus she reminded me that she has seen death her whole life. She’s done this before. I never have. It helped me to not feel so down on myself. It gave me courage and made me see that I am strong and with the Lord by my side and can hand this over to him and I will be just fine. I am so grateful for my mom. She has let me talk. She has cried with me and has been my best friend. I have really needed her.

No comments: